You should always have a backup of your windows drivers just in case your computer crashes or you decide to format your hard drive and reinstall windows.
Backing up your drivers and storing the drivers on an external hard drive, CD, USB stick or even in cloud backup is as simple as downloading a free piece of software called Semper Driver Backup; installing Semper Driver Backup; saving the drivers to the location of your choice.
When you reinstall windows the first thing you need to do is reinstall Semper Driver Backup and restore your drivers; no inserting multiple driver CD’s or searching the web any more.
1. Visit this link and click on download.
Once you have downloaded Semper Driver Backup – FREE Utility please install it.
2. Run Semper Driver Backup from your start menu and the first thing we need to do is specify the location where the drivers will be backed up to.
Click on ‘Configuration’ and ‘Select driver folder’
Browse to the location you want your drivers to be backed up; in this demo I have selected my USB pen drive and created a folder within the pen drive named Drivers.
3. Select ‘Backup drivers’ and Semper Driver backup will back the drivers in to the location you have set in the previous step.
4. Semper Driver Backup might not beable to find all the drivers in the typical driver folders on your computer so once it has finished backing up the drivers it can find Semper Driver Backup will ask you if it can search the rest of your computer for the remainder of the drivers and back those up too.
5. Once all drivers have been found Semper Driver Backup will ask you if you want to see the report which is completely but this means all your drivers have been backed up and you are safe; congratulations
6. To restore your drivers when you re-install windows all you need to do is install Semper Driver Backup, select the driver backup folder you backed your drivers up into and click on ‘import drivers’ it is really simple.
It appears the the company who makes the Semper Driver Backup software have gone out of business so here is a mirror to the file you need for this tutorial.