So you have a Hidemyass account and would like to be able to use your VPN on your Android phone or tablet to watch region locked youtube videos, watch Hulu Plus, Netflix etc.
If you don’t have a Hidemyass VPN account please visit this link for some more information.
If you follow these simple instructions you will have it up and running in no time flat.
1. Go to your Hidemyass control panel (link) and click on PPTP servers where you will find your PPTP password with a whole list of Server IP addresses you will need to use when you set up your phone or tablet with Hidemyass.
2. On your android phone or tablet you will need to set up a pin number, password OR security pattern so your phone or tablet is locked when you are not using it; this is unfortunately mandatory when setting up VPN’s on an android device.
To do this you will need to access your android phone or tablets system settings > Security > Screen lock > then choose either a pattern, pin or Password.
3. On your android device please go to your system settings > under Wireless & Networks there will be a “More” which you will need to select and then select VPN.
4. Select ‘Add VPN’ and enter any name you like to identify your Hidemyass VPN on your phone; you could put Hidemyass or even Hidemyass California ect if you want to enter multiple Hidemyass IP addresses.
You will need to go back to your PPTP page in your HMA control panel to select a IP from a city closest to you; for example if California is the closest city to you then you might like to select USA, California, Los Angeles (LOC1 S1) which has the IP address of 220.127.116.11
Make sure you leave the PPP encryption box ticked before selecting ‘save’
5. Now in the VPN menu you will have a new item; the VPN you just created so please select that and enter your Hidemyass username and the password from the HMA PPTP page it is up to you but you might like to check the box to save your account information so you do not need to enter your password each and everytime you wish to connect your VPN.
6. Your android device will now display a key in the top left hand corner of the screen which indicates you are connected to the Hidemyass VPN network.
7. To disconnect from the HMA VPN you will need to select the VPN from the VPN menu in the system settings OR selecting the connected VPN from the pull down menu top of your android device and selecting ‘disconnect’
If you don’t have a Hidemyass VPN account please visit this link for some awesome prices.